TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Head coach of women’s golf in Alabama Mike Potter officially announced the 2022-23 schedule on Wednesday, which will feature five fall tournaments and, including the postseason, up to seven spring events during the upcoming season.
The 2022-23 campaign marks Potter’s 18thth season at the helm of Alabama’s women’s golf program, which is in its 49th yearth Season as college sport.
Highlights of the fall program
- The Crimson Tide will compete in two tournaments in September, beginning with the ANNIKA Intercollegiate (September 12-14) and the Mason Rudolph Championship (September 23-25).
- Alabama will compete in three of the four weeks in October, beginning with the Illini Women’s Invitational in Medinah, Oct. 10-11. October
- It marks Tide’s debut at the event, which will be played at the famous Medinah Country Club in Medinah, Illinois.
- The following week, UA will compete at The Ally hosted by the state of Mississippi on October 17-18, where The Tide will attempt to defend last year’s tournament championship
- Alabama led the event wire to wire en route to a 10-shot victory
- Junior Benedetta Moresco finished the event with a program record for the lowest 54-hole score (197) and achieved the 18-hole school grade (9 under 63) on her way to becoming a six-shot medalist
- The Tide will wrap up the fall season on October 28-30 at the Landfall Tradition
Highlights of the spring program
- The spring campaign kicks off February 19-21 at the Moon Golf Invitational in Melbourne, Florida.
- The Tide then travels to Hilton Head, SC to compete at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate February 27th-March 1st
- Alabama wraps up the regular season with back-to-back tournaments in March, including the Valspar Augusta Invitational at Forest Hills Golf Course in Augusta, Georgia (March 11-12) and the Liz Murphey Intercollegiate in Athens, Georgia (March 24) . -26).
- The postseason begins April 12-16 at the 2023 SEC Championships, held at the Greystone Golf and Country Club (Legacy Course) in Birmingham, Alabama for April 10th times since 2013
- The NCAA Regionals will be held over the weekend of May 8-10, while the NCAA Championships will be held May 19-24 at Grayhawk Country Club in Scottsdale, Arizona
Get the latest on the team by following @AlabamaWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. For general esports news, follow @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.