GREEN BAY — The Green Bay Packers are hosting 12 open drills during training camp this year, including Family Night.
All practices will be held at Ray Nitschke Field, with the exception of Family Night, which will be held at Lambeau Field on August 5 at 7:00 p.m., for which tickets are required. The schedule includes joint practice with the New Orleans Saints on August 16 and 17 before a preseason game at Lambeau Field on August 19 at 7:00 p.m.
It will be Green Bay’s only preseason home game. The Packers have road games on August 12 in San Francisco and August 25 in Kansas City.
Open practice dates are:
- July 27, 28 and 30
- 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th August (Family Night), 7th, 8th, 10th, 16th and 17th August.
Practice times will be announced later.
The training camp is a major economic event for Green Bay. According to Discover Green Bay, it attracts approximately 90,000 visitors from across the country and 20 countries and has an estimated economic impact of more than $9 million.
For the first time in three years, the Packers will resume their tradition of having players ride kid’s bikes to practice, although the route will be different than previous years due to major construction at Lot 1 on the southeast side of Lambeau Field. More information will be announced shortly before the training camp.
Fans weren’t allowed into training camp in 2020 because of the pandemic, and last year NFL COVID-19 protocols required fans and players to be 20 feet apart. The players rode their bikes to practice, but the kids weren’t involved.
Packer’s family night:The Green Bay Packers are hosting a family night at Lambeau Field a week after training camp opened
History of packers:Tony Walter’s new Ice Bowl book tells stories about the iconic Packers game that “established the identity of Green Bay.”
Important dates and events in July and August:
- Friday, July 15 – Packers 1K Kids Run (kids 10 and under)
- Saturday, July 16 – Packers 5K Run/Walk, Lambeau Field
- Friday, July 22 – Rookie players in
- Saturday, July 23 – Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City in a professional soccer spectacle at Lambeau Field.
- Monday, July 25 – Green Bay Packers Annual Stockholders Meeting at Lambeau Field.
- Tuesday, July 26 – Report from veteran players
- Wednesday, July 27 – First practice, time to be announced, Ray Nitschke Field
- Friday, August 5 – Family Night, Lambeau Field
- Wednesday, August 17 – Final Public Practice, Ray Nitschke Field
The EAA AirVenture will also take place in Oshkosh from July 25th to 31st. This event attracts more than 600,000 people and often extends to hotels from Green Bay to Milwaukee and Madison.
If inclement weather forces the Packers to hold practices at the Don Hutson Center, those practices will be closed to the public.