BUY TICKETS | ACTION PAGE | GRANGE GROVE ACTIVITIES
CHAMPAGNE, Illinois– Fighting Illini Athletics has announced the schedule of actions for the 2022 Fighting Illini football season. Illinois kicks off the 2022 football season on Saturday, August 27 at home against the Wyoming Cowboys at 3:00 p.m. CT.
Saturday, August 27 vs. Wyoming (3pm CT | BTN) | GET TICKETS
Wyoming Family 4 Pack – The Aug. 27 home game against Wyoming (3:00 p.m. CT kickoff) is one of the first games on the college football calendar. It will also be the first time the Illini will defend their new territory from the Orange and Blue fans at Memorial Stadium.
While single-game tickets for non-conference home games start at just $25, the “4-pack” offers four tickets at a discounted price of $59, with the option to purchase additional tickets for just $14.75 add per ticket.
Great seating options are available with the FamILLy 4 Pack including the Orange Zone and Horseshoe.
Extra yard for teachers – As part of the College Football Playoff Foundation’s national platform for empowering and rewarding educators, Illinois Football will pay tribute to its most beloved and influential teachers, and local and regional educators will be honored with in-game activities. Teachers are also offered free tickets to the game. Contact [email protected] or call (217) 300-8491 to learn more.
Saturday, September 10 vs. Virginia (3pm CT | ESPNU) | GET TICKETS
University I weekend – Former student-athlete-letterwinners from all sports are invited back to campus for a grand reunion.
Title IX 5th anniversary – To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the landmark Title IX legislation that gave women equal opportunity in athletics, the University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics is honoring former letter winners who helped shape women’s athletics in Illinois.
band day – High school bands from across the state will come to perform with the Marching Illini.
Celebrate Food and Ag – In partnership with the College of ACES, the game will celebrate the many partnerships and contributions that the agricultural industry has made to the University and the Central Illinois community.
Thursday, September 22 vs. Chattanooga (7:30pm CT | FS1) | GET TICKETS
Illinois Athletics Hall of Fame Weekend – The Class of 2022 of the Illinois Athletics Hall of Fame will be honored this weekend with on-field recognition during the game and on-court induction on Friday, September 23 at 6 p.m. at the State Farm Center. Admission is free and open to all fans.
Pre-game light show and third-quarter break – Download the Fighting Illini app to join the pre-match light show with your phone before kick-off! Then again at the end of the 3rdapprox Quarter sponsored by Coca-Cola. Open the app, click on the top left of your screen and scroll down to the “Illini Lights” tab, hold up your phone and enjoy the show!
Saturday, October 8 vs. Iowa | GET TICKETS
Hail dem orange Out of! – Wear orange! Visit Gameday Spirit, Fighting Illini’s Official Fan Shop, and get your orange gear!
Saturday, October 15 vs. Minnesota (11am CT) GET TICKETS
Homecoming / With Illinois Celebration – The Illini football game is the final activity in a week-long celebration of Illinois alumni returning to campus. Illinois Homecoming Week celebrates the 111th year of Illinois traditions. Under the motto “We are familySICKy” includes events celebrating current students, community members and the more than 400,000 living UIUC alumni throughout the week.
- Sunday 9th October: 5K Run / Dyeing the Fountain / Pancake Breakfast
- Monday 10th Oct: Dinner at the Quad/Pep Rally
- Special Guests: Illinois Football Team
- Encouraging rally of players with bouncy castles and interactive games
- Wednesday 12 Oct (Honoring the Arts)
- Greeks support Homecoming BBQ in Washington Park
- Friday 14 Oct:
- Homecoming Parade, 6:00 p.m
- Featuring Illinois Campaign Closing Ceremony
- When: 6pm – 10pm, Sky Show starts at 8pm
- Where: Grange Grove, Memorial Stadium
- Join the university, alumni, donors, and Champaign Urbana communities to celebrate the completion of With Illinois, the university’s most successful fundraiser to date! As part of the kick-off to Homecoming weekend, the gates of Grange Grove will open at 6pm for free food, games, music and other entertainment. Then, at 8pm, enjoy an exclamation point for the evening – and the campaign – with a sky show and a performance by the Marching Illini. Includes FREE Food Trucks and Fan Activities. FREE for the general public to participate/view.
- Saturday October 15th
- Grange Grove Tailgating – Lots open at 7am
- Homecoming Court Recognition on the field
- Celebrations in downtown Champaign, 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m
Saturday, November 5 vs. Michigan State | GET TICKETS
dad’s day – Continuing the proud Illinois tradition of the Dads Association that began in 1920, this game will honor the fathers of all Fighting Illini and crown King Dad at halftime. Dads Day weekend will also feature a Friday night Fighting Illini men’s basketball exhibition game at the State Farm Center.
Saturday 12th November vs. Purdue | GET TICKETS
Seniors Day – Come out and honor the Fighting Illini seniors and their families as they play their final game at Memorial Stadium.
Military Appreciation Day – This game will honor and recognize those brave soldiers and soldiers who protect our freedom while paying tribute to the strong connection and history between the university and the military community. Be in your seats early for a special military flyover.
All active duty military members are entitled to two free tickets to the game. Contact [email protected] or call (217) 300-8491 to learn more.